Chocolate Sugar Cookie Dough
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- In a medium size bowl, mix the flour and cocoa powder together. In a mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar, salt and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and beat until incorporated, then scrape the sides of your bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture in 2 to 3 additions, mixing to incorporate after each addition.
- Once all the dry ingredients are incorporated, remove the dough form the bowl and rap in plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours (24 hours maximum).
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F, and roll dough to desired thickness on parchment paper.
- Cut out shapes using cutters of your choice, and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Chill cookies for 10-15 minutes, then bake for 10-16 minutes (depending on the size and thickness of your cookie).
- Cookies are baked when they lose their sheen.
- Cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack until completely cooled.
**This recipe can be doubled or tripled.
TUTORIAL: Sugar Cookie Dough