Gluten Free Dairy Free Double Chocolate Cookies
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2/3 of a cup sifted dark cocoa powder (high quality)
- 3 cups sifted icing sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 4 egg whites (if doubling the recipe use 9egg whites)
- 1 -1/4 tbsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line baking pan with parchment paper
- In a large bowl add all dry ingredients together and whisk until blended
- With a wooden spoon mix in egg whites and vanilla.
- Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts. *** This mix will seem quite stiff.
- Using a large spoon, scoop out heaping spoonfuls of batter. ** Whatch out! They do spread slightly while cooking.
- Bake for 8 mins, take out and rotate pan and bake for another 8-12mins until edges are firm and tops look cracked.
- Cool before removing from baking sheet.
They’re such good cookies, and almost have a chewy meringue type texture!