Red Velvet Cake
– 2.5 cups sifted all purpose flour
– 1.5 cups granulated sugar
– 1 tbsp cocoa powder
– 1 tsp salt
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 1 cup buttermilk, room temperature
– 1.5 cups vegetable oil
– 2 large eggs, room temperature
– 1 tsp white vinegar
– 1 tsp vanilla
– 2 tsp liquid red food colour or, 1 tsp concentrated gel food colour
- preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and line 2 x 8” round pans with parchment.
- In a large bowl, whisk all dry ingredients together.
- In another large bowl, whisk all your wet ingredients together.
- All at once, dump the dry ingredients in to the wet and whisk until combined.
- Pour 1/2 of the batter in to each pan and bake until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
* great with our Sue’s Swiss-ish Meringue & Cream Cheese Icing *