3 cups all-purpose flour
20 grams crushed freeze dried strawberries (crushed in to a powder)
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1.5 tsp strawberry extract
zest of 1/2 a lemon
1 large egg, room temperature
a couple drops of pink food colouring (optional)
1- 2 tsp lemon juice
- In a medium size bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and crushed strawberries.
- In a mixing bowl cream butter, sugar, salt and vanilla, strawberry extract and lemon zest until light and fluffy
- Add the egg and beat until incorporated, then scrape the sides of your bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture in 2 to 3 additions, mixing to incorporate after each addition.
- Once all the flour is incorporated, add in the lemon juice on low speed. Add enough so that when the dough is mixing, it comes away from the side of the bowl.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours (24 hours maximum).
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F, and roll dough to desired thickness on parchment paper.
- Cut out shapes using cutters of your choice, and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Chill cookies for 10-15 minutes, then bake for 10-16 minutes (depending on the size and thickness of your cookie).
- Cookies are baked when the turn slightly golden on the edges.
- Cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack until completely cooled.
TUTORIAL: Sugar Cookie Dough