- 1-3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 medium ripe bananas (mashed) roughly 1 cup
- 1/3 butter, room temperature
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 1/4 chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. In mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. Add mashed banana, butter and milk and mix on low speed until combined.
4. Turn speed up to medium and and mix for 2 minutes.
5. Add remaining 3/4 cup of flour and eggs and mix until combined.
6. Stir in nuts.
7. Pour batter in to a greased and floured 8”x4” loaf pan.
8. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the the middle of the loaf cake comes out clean.
9. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out on to a wire cooling rack. When cool, wrap cake in plastic wrap for 24 hours (the loaf cake is better when aged a day).
*Note* you can substitute nuts for chocolate chips or, use a combination of both. Banana bread is awesome with a swipe of salted butter.