- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
1. Combine water, sugar, and yeast in a bowl, and let it sit for 5 minutes to bloom.
2. In a mixing bowl, fitted with a dough hook, place flour and salt and mix on low speed.
3. Add yeast and mix until combined and the dough comes together.
4. Turn dough out on to a floured surface and fold a few time to create a smooth ball of dough.
5. Oil a bowl and cover with a towel and allow dough to rest and rise for 30 minutes.
6. Turn dough out on to a floured surface and press and pull in to shape.
7. Transfer dough to you pizza pan or stone and top with desired toppings.
Bake for 20-25 minutes at 450-500 F, until crust is golden and cheese is bubbling.
– Dough can be frozen or, stored in the refrigerator for 2 days.
– Also makes GREAT beaver tails (also known as elephant ears in the U.S.). Fry rolled or stretched dough in
350 F oil till golden. Remove from oil and drain on paper towel. Toss or sprinkle in cinnamon sugar or topping of choice.