- 3 cups sifted all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1/2 cup milk, room temperature
- 1.5 tsp vanilla
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- Zest of 1.5 oranges or lemons (optional)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1.5 – 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Zest of 1/2 an or orange or lemon (optional)
1. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in the bowl of your mixer, using the paddle attachment.
2. Add butter, milk and vanilla and mix on low speed to combine.
3. Increase speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes.
4. Reduce speed and eggs, one at a time, until combined after each addition.
5. Add zest and combine.
6. Pour batter in to a greased and floured 10” Bundt pan, or 2 – 8” x 4” loaf pans.
7. Bake at 350 F for roughly 1 hour, 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. If baking in loaf pans, bake for roughly 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
8. Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes then remove from pan(s) and place on a wire rack.
9. Mix glaze and pour over the top of warm cake or, allow to cool and dust with powdered sugar.