3 cups all-purpose flour
1-½ teaspoon baking powder
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 large egg, room temperature
1 teaspoon milk
- In a medium size bowl, mix the flour and baking powder together.
- In a mixing bowl cream butter, sugar, salt and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and beat until incorporated, then scrape the sides of your bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture in 2 to 3 additions, mixing to incorporate after each addition.
- Once all the flour is incorporated, mix in the milk on low speed.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours (24 hours maximum).
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F, and roll dough to desired thickness on parchment paper.
- Cut out shapes using cutters of your choice, and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Chill cookies for 10-15 minutes, then bake for 10-16 minutes (depending on the size and thickness of your cookie).
- Cookies are baked when the turn slightly golden on the edges.
- Cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack until completely cooled.
- This recipe can be doubled or tripled and spices, citrus zest or even earl grey tea can be added to this recipe. Be creative, your options are endless!
TUTORIAL: Sugar Cookie Dough