**For every roughly 200 grams or 8 oz of instant coffee in a glass jar, add 1/4 cup boiling hot water.**
- pour boiling water directly in to the glass* container (plastic containers can melt) of instant coffee.
- With a spoon, stir the mixture, it will be lumpy.
- Put the lid on the jar and allow the mixture to sit out over night.
- The lumps will dissolve and you will be left with a very concentrated coffee paste that is great when added to icings and cake batters.
- A little goes a long way! You can always add more to taste, but you can’t take it away. Cover opening of container with plastic wrap and close with the lid. Store in the refrigerator.
* Note – I tend to make my mocha paste with decaffeinated coffee in case guests have an intolerance to caffeine (like I do)