Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies Gluten Free and Dairy Free
1 Cup of smooth Peanut Butter
1 Cup of Cane Sugar (plus a bit extra for rolling dough)
1 Pinch of Sea Salt
1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda (sifted)
3/4 Cup of melted dark Chcocolate
Set oven to *350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients using a hand mixer until well blended.
- Pour some extra sugar into a small bowl.
- Using a large spoon, measure out heaping amounts of dough and roll into a ball and then roll dough in extra sugar.
- Place sugared dough balls onto a parchment lined baking pan and press them down slightly using your fingers.
- Cook for approximately 7-10mins, or until your cookies have a nice golden brown outer edge to them. You want the center to stay soft so they are still slightly chewy, so its better to under bake them rather than over bake, unless you like crispy cookies, then bake on!
- Pull out of the oven and quickly before they cool – using a tea spoon, place a nice amount of your melted chocolate into the center!
Pastry and confectionery enthusiast Krystle Capranos, an Ontario native, now hails from Salt Spring Island in B.C. She prides herself in yummy organic rustic desserts and owns Cutie Pies baked goods. She offers her unique point of view of baking and living on a Canadian island in our blog section.